Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Meat

My husband's always been a carnivore. His penchant for meat has only intensified with the "carbs-suck" craze. In fact, about 3 years ago my darling lost over 50 pounds in 6 weeks by eating nothing but sashimi, chicken wings and meat. He has even managed to keep his svelte figure all these years, even after incorporating carbs into his meals to help prevent hemorrhoids and constipation. He's an enigma, really.

As I've mentioned in other posts, (which no one reads anyway) Mike's an amazing cook. For a summer barbeque last year, Mike smoked a whole pork butt on our grill for 8 hours. He delighted in the preparation. He even called his carnivorous friend, Nathan, saying that he was rubbing his butt and thinking about him. Nathan was strangely excited, until he realized Mike was talking about seasoning his pork butt with a spice rub. The pork was outrageous and even made Nathan get over his disappointment. (Hee hee! I love blogs)

Every year, on the occasions that I need to buy a present for my husband, I experience major brain-drain. He really doesn't want anything, and buying him shirts, ties and kitchen gadgets was getting old. In a moment of sheer brilliance, I decided to buy him meat. Not just any meat, however. Special meat. After much research, I ordered a 5 pound, smoked brisket from Texas along with a 2 pound rack of smoked ribs. Mike practically cried when he got his gift, while I did a happy-dance in triumph.

I wonder what kind of meat I can give him next year? Perhaps meat-gifting every year might get a little old. I mean how many times can I say, "I love you" with beef and pork products?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home