Saturday, January 22, 2005

Cooking Skills

I hate cooking but love watching cooking shows. I probably know more about cooking then the average person, but still don't want to participate in the actual activity. If it's not microwavable or pre-made frozen food, count me out. My husband, on the other hand, is a brilliant cook. He cooks without recipes and could make road-kill taste good. Our friends love coming over for his creations whenever we have partys and think he should open his own restaurant (I would be the well-dressed greeter with lots of jewelry).

Ben and Max also love his cooking. During the week, I make them frozen breakfast foods (they won't eat cereal). Waffles, pancakes, french toast - whatever kind of frozen substance comes in a box. Dinner is not much better. They love the weekends, because Mike makes them fresh food. Waffles in a real waffle maker, real french toast, eggs over easy, you name it he can make it. Recently, Mike had to go away on business and would miss a whole weekend of cooking for them. Feeling guilty, I offered to try to make a real breakfast from scratch in his absence as a symbol of my undying love for them. Luckily, my kids were appalled at the mere thought of it. They both told me it was a terrible idea and they wanted no part of anything I cooked. I thanked them for their lack of faith in me and expressed my tremendous relief.

Luckily, my husband and kids accept my ridiculous limitations and love me in spite of them. Ben and Max know that I'm beyond crazy in love with them. I prove this to them on a daily basis -by not cooking.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home