Saturday, February 26, 2005

Florida Bound

We're leaving for Florida in about 9 days. Mike has a conference in Disney, so we are going to leave the kids with my parents and have 3 glorious nights to ourselves and then spend the following week with my folks. It's beyond fabulous.

Mike and I love being with my mom and dad. They are so considerate, generous and funny. I really want to live with them forever, but everytime I mention it they tell me to buzz off because they have a life. My kids have already put in their requests for special things that I refuse to buy them at home. Max has requested chips in every size and shape, and a pig's worth of bacon. Ben can't be pressured into a decision, so they will take him to the supermarket so he can shop for his own goodies. I don't mind all the junk food and spoiling, after all that's what grandparents are for. The only problem is that Max has no self control. On our last visit he consumed so much garbage (thanks to my Jewish mother who kept thinking he looked skinny) that he vomited the night before we left, and then again in the itty-bitty bathroom sink on the flight home. My mom promised to try to restrain herself to only allowing him small amounts of crap at a time. I'm keeping some extra barf bags in my purse, just in case. After all, this is the same woman that fed my brother so much as a baby that he weighed 30 pounds by the age of 1. Luckily, I had a faster metabolism then him.

On the other hand, my dad (aka a fitter Jack LaLanne) is in charge of recreation. He plays board games (Max cheats regularly) and in our absence, handles all outdoor activities. This is no easy task since my angels can never agree on anything. Unlike me, he has the patience of a saint and somehow handles them masterfully.

As I listen to my precious babies arguing and screaming at each other in the next room, I find myself flapping my arms trying to get to Florida faster. 3 nights at a gorgeous hotel in Florida without them and then a week with my parents. I honestly don't know which I look forward to more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home