Thursday, February 10, 2005

Ellen Reproduced!

My friend Ellen, had her second child yesterday at 6:15 am. It's a girl, Jolie Anne. It's a relief to finally know. She's one of those people that don't like to find out the sex of the child beforehand because she wants to be surprised. Personally, I think she does it just to screw with her friend's and family.

Ellen went into labor at 3:30 in the morning. She thought it was the garlic from dinner bothering her. Remembering she was pregnant, she decided she was having contractions that were 2 minutes apart and called the doctor. He told her not to rush and he would see her soon. She took this literally. She showered, applied makeup, packed up her things, and took her older child to her sister's house. She got to the hospital at 5:30 am (8 centimeters dilated) and gave birth a mere 45 minutes later. I guess she figured even if she was crowning, she couldn't give birth until she was completely organized and looked positively stunning.

To help out, I am taking her 18 month old daughter to a "Mommy and Me" class this morning. I thought it would be fun, because she's an extremely charming and brilliant girl. I also have an appointment with my gynecologist. After all, I'm quite sure I'll want my tubes tied by then.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home