Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Mike's Sick

I wasn't going to post today because I'm lacking material, but I received a comment from my one and only unrelated, dedicated reader (the "Fuz") who noticed I haven't been posting as much. It was so sweet that I figured, I'd try to eke out some kind of story. Forgive me if it sucks.

The fact that Mike is sick with a nasty cold wouldn't be noteworthy for most New Yorker's in the winter. Everyone get's sick this time of year. I've had about 4 colds so far, which I blame on my children and their snot and germ-infested friends. However, my husband prides himself on the fact that he rarely gets sick and brags constantly about it. He even has some ridiculous, voodoo rituals he does daily to avoid sickness. They include, taking 4000 milligrams (!) of vitamin C at night before bed and drinking a cup of that salty, fake chicken broth stuff every evening. Admittedly, he has been successful at warding off the common cold all winter...until now. I actually can't contain my delight. Apparently, this was evident to Mike because when he mentioned he was getting sick, he asked me not to look so happy. Afterall, it's hard living with a superhuman enigma. Even when he's had stomach upset, he seems to cure it by eating jalapenos, for God's sake!

Unfortunately, my happy dance will undoubtedly be ending soon. In the past, when Mike gets sick, it only lasts for a maximum of 2 days. Even the common cold virus can't sustain life in his body for more than that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home